Saturday 13 August 2011

Google+ and Google Profile Naming Policy

After launching its own social network called Google+ and Google has started to crack down on profile abuse, what this means in short is that if your profile on Google doesn't reflect a real world person then you run the risk of having your profile suspended.
Now what is the reason for this you might ask, its simple Google wants the world we live in online to reflect the world we live in, in real life and by using users real names allows a better social media experience as you know who you are connecting to and that the person you are connecting to is real.

So why is this so important, first it is the aim of Google to make the web more social, and allowing people to connect just like they do in life is the first start of this process. After all you know you are talking to a real person and not some SPAM engine, and like wise how on earth do you know who you are talking to if their profile name is abc123, simple you dont.

So my take on this is that I fully agree with Google and I only hope that this is the first step towards allowing us to fully use social media to connect outside of the web. After all who's to say that you are not already conversing with someone online who actually lives in your street. Wouldn't it be better to be able to go down the pub and chat, rather than through your computer.

One other area I think this is good is that by making people create real profiles, will make us able to connect with people not only that we know and recognise but also with people who share our interests, hobbies, etc. So I personally hope Google takes this further and opens up more of my profile so I can find real people in the real world who have similar interest as I do and expand my life both online and in reality.

So to all you people out there who say Google is wrong and what about my privacy, simply if you dont like it dont use it.

And to Google I say thanks for listening to my suggestions, and having aided Google with maps, checkout I am happy to know my ideas are not falling on deaf ears.

For details on the Google naming policy please take a look at http://www.google.com/support/+/bin/answer.py?answer=1228271


Thanks
Sean J Connolly
 FaceBook MeGoogle+ Me
Visit AJAX Web Development Store
BuzzProperties.co.uk - Online Property Sales and Letting

No comments:

Online Cashback